Dear PSSRC Members and Friends,
We are kindly inviting you to participate at the 10th Annual Meeting of the Pharmaceutical Solid State Research Cluster (PSSRC) will take place in Copenhagen, Denmark in July 6-8, 2016 (Cluster Members Part, Closed Days). The 10th event continues a successful series of meetings since its establishment in 2006 and already held in Düsseldorf, Copenhagen, Cambridge, Helsinki, Lisbon, Lille, Ljubljana and last year in Ghent. The PSSRC 2016 aims at providing a forum for the dissemination of information about research advancement in the field of solid state pharmaceutics, and to identify new challenging issues of pharmaceutical interest, both in the pharmaceutical industry and academia.
The symposium starts with a closed meeting for cluster members only (“Closed Part”), and will end with an “Open Day”, where the more senior cluster members present their research to the wider pharmaceutical community across academia and industry.
The “Open Day” (July 8, 2016) will feature three sessions with focus on recent advances in solid-state pharmaceutics (session 1), shifting drug formulations from lab scale to production/continuous manufacturing (session 2) and in vitro and in vivo performance of solid dosage forms (session 3). The Open Day is open to the public and this year will also be accompanied with presentations from the private sector. An important goal of this day is to present the research activity and capability of the PSSRC and to initiate a fruitful collaboration with the industry, academia and regulatory bodies.
The “Closed Part” (Cluster Member Part, July 6-7, 2016) will be dedicated to the younger members of the cluster and will provide them with an opportunity to present their work in an open-minded and friendly atmosphere. Strong emphasis will be put on discussing the research and potential challenges with colleagues.
Overall, we see the Symposium as an excellent opportunity for networking and scientific interactions with colleagues and friends within the PSSRC (Closed Part), but also with peers from the private sector (Open Day).
More information including registration and abstract submission (deadline: May 31, 2016) can be found below.
Please notice that before the meeting, on July 5th, you also have the possibility to participate a rheology workshop. More information: http://www.pssrc.org/news/123/rheologyworkshopcph
We believe that your participation at the 10th Annual PSSRC Symposium in Copenhagen will be an unforgettable scientific and personal experience.
We are looking forward to see you in Copenhagen!
Assist. Prof. Dr. Korbinian Löbmann
On behalf of the Symposium Organizing Committee
Call for abstracts and registration
Deadline for registration: 31st May 2016 closed
Guidelines for abstract submission
Download the abstract template and follow the instructions.
While preparing your abstract, it is suggested to consider the following:
- The abstract should be as informative as possible. State the purpose and conclusion of the study as simple and as specifically as possible.
- Abstract should be submitted in English only.
- Abstract should be prepared as a Word file using the supplied template (download). The abstract template includes specific instructions on the format of title, author and affiliations. Abstract length should not exceed one page. Figures and tables are allowed, provided that the abstract stays within the page length requirements and meets the formatting guidelines.
- References should be numbered consecutively through the text and a separate list of references must be given.
- Please save your abstract as a .docx. If you have more than one abstract, please name them as follows: yourfirstname_yourlastname_1.docx, yourfirstname_yourlastname_2.docx, etc. Please do not retain the original filename of the abstract template.
Guidelines for presenters
- All presentations should be prepared in PPT file format.
- No poster session is planned.
University of Copenhagen
Department of Pharmacy
The conference will be held in Auditorium A4 and Benzon Auditorium.
- Hotel Nora (close to the venue and to the conference dinner)
- Hotel Østerport (close to venue, conveniently located for public transport from and to airport)
- Hotel Rye (close to the venue)
- Hotel CABINN Scandinavia (close to conference dinner, conveniently located for public transport from and to airport)
- Hotel Scandic Copenhagen (close to conference dinner, conveniently located for public transport from and to airport)
- Hotel Windsor (close to conference dinner, conveniently located for public transport from and to airport)
- Hotel Astoria (conveniently located for public transport from and to airport)
- Comfort Hotel Vesterbro (conveniently located for public transport from and to airport)
- Assist. Prof. Dr. Korbinian Löbmann (Chair)
- Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Thomas Rades
- Prof. Dr. Jukka Rantanen
- Claus Madsen, PhD candidate
- Maria Doreth, PhD candidate
Official Sponsors of the PSSRC 2016